1684 Venture Dr., Suite A
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Phone: (740) 393-6010
|Monday:||8:30a - 5:30p|
|Tuesday:||8:30a - 5:00p|
|Wednesday:||8:30a - 5:00p|
|Thursday:||8:30a - 5:00p|
|Friday:||8:30a - 5:00p|
|Sat. & Sun.:||Closed|
- Published on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 19:58
Retinal Fundus Camera
In our continued efforts to bring the most advanced technology available to our patients, York-Saneholtz Eyecare is proud to announce the inclusion of a retinal fundus camera.
Many eye problems can develop without warning and progress with no symptoms. Early on, you might not notice any change in your vision. However, diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma as well as other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure, can be detected with a thorough exam of the retina. The retina is the part of your eye that catches the image of what you are looking at, similar to the film in a camera.
An Retinal Photograph provides:
- A detailed picture to confirm a healthy eye or detect the presence of disease.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the photographic images of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your medical file, enabling your optometrist to make important comparisons if potential problems show themselves at a future examination.
- A retinal photograph can be billed to medical insurance when eye disease is found. Routine “screening” photographs are available to patients for a nominal expense.